1. The keys for the house/flat shall not be handed over to Tenants until such time as full and final payment of all rentals has been received by the agent.
2. The keys for the house / flat shall be collected from, and returned to Accommodation Bureau during normal business hours, unless specific arrangements to the contrary are made. Accommodation Bureau reserves the right to charge a handling fee of R150 if the keys are not returned to Shop 1, 27 Main Street , Plettenberg Bay . Lost keys and replacement locks will be charged to tenants.
3. Once the non-refundable deposit has been paid to the Accommodation Bureau, the property owner and tenant have enterred into a lease agreement with each other. No cancellation by either the owner or tenant will be accepted once the deposit has been paid to Accommodation Bureau, unless the property is no longer suitable for tenant occupation due to unforeseen circumstances.
4. If the property cannot be occupied due to unforeseen circumstances that render the property uninhabitable before the occupation date, the tenant will be refunded in full by Accommodation Bureau.
5. The tenant shall be responsible for the full amount of the rental, even if they decide to vacate the property before the departure date.
6. If the tenant decides that they will not proceed with the rental after the booking is confirmed, then the following will happen:
6.1 The Tenant is still liable for the full rental, unless a replacement booking can be secured, in which case the amount to be paid by or refunded to the tenant will depend on the value of replacement booking. No guarantees can be given that a replacement booking will be found.
6.2 If a complete replacement booking of the same value is secured, then the Tenant will be refunded the amount paid to date, less a handling fee of a maximum of half (50%) of the non-refundable booking deposit paid. Accommodation Bureau reserves the right to reduce the handling fee based on the circumstances of the cancellation.
6.3 If a replacement booking of a lower value is secured, then the Tenant will be refunded the amount paid to date, less the non-refundable booking deposit, less the difference in value between the replacement booking and the cancelled booking, after obtaining consent from the property owner.
6.4 If a replacement booking is not obtained, then no refund will be made, and the Tenant is liable for the full rental owing as per the terms of the original rental agreement.
7. Accommodation Bureau recommends that Tenants take out cancellation insurance to cover themselves in the event that a cancellation occurs.
8. The Tenant may not sublet the premises without the consent of Accommodation Bureau.
9. Exclusion from rental : Where the accommodation is taken up, the retention (breakage deposit) shall be used for the replacement of damaged or missing items on the inventory, repair, cleaning or replacement of damage to furniture or fittings, telephone calls (subject to Telkom rate increases), special hire charges, laundering of linen at a market related cost per kg, unpaid rental and any abnormal cleaning charges. Breakage deposits will be refunded within 30 days after the date of departure.
10. The property is accepted as including all furniture, fittings and accessories “voetstoots” and in the condition in which they are found, and shall be left in the same order and good condition, fair wear and tear excepted. The Accommodation Bureau take no responsibility for the breakdown or malfunction of appliances during your tenancy, however, we will make every effort to repair any faulty appliances which are reported to us. The lessee shall be responsible for any shortages, breakages during your occupancy. A full inventory of the contents of the house will be found in the house and should be checked on arrival. Any shortfall must be reported to the agent immediately, otherwise it will be assumed that the inventories are correct. The tenants are expected to leave the premises in the condition it was found on arrival.
11. If an alarm system is present, it must be armed whenever possible. All household items, furniture (including patio furniture) to be stored in house overnight and whilst the property is unoccupied. Tenants will be held responsible for all/any losses and damages should the above not be adhered to.
12. The number of people that are permitted to occupy the house / flat is determined by the property description. No extra persons may occupy without the Agents written consent. The introduction of extra persons without permission shall be ground for immediate cancellation of this lease and eviction of the tenant/s with no refund of deposit and/or rental.
13. Only the tenant according to our records may occupy the property.
14. Pets are not allowed, unless by prior arrangement with Accommodation Bureau.
15. In the event of any dispute arising out of this tenancy, the tenant hereby consents (in terms of Section 45 read with Section 28 of Act 32 of 1944 as amended) to the jurisdiction of the Knysna Magistrate Court for the determination of such issue.
16. The Accommodation Bureau in their capacity as the Letting Agent have concluded this contract in good faith and take no responsibility in the unforeseen event that the owner reneges on this rental agreement.
17. Bank charges incurred on cash deposits and international money transfers will be for the tenant’s account. Accommodation Bureau reserves the right to refuse payment by credit card at their discretion.
18. The tenant agrees to occupy the property at his/her own risk. In the event of an accident or injury, the owner and letting agent accepts no responsibility for any loss of whatsoever nature that may arise during the tenant’s occupation of the property. The tenant further exempts the landlord and letting agent from any such claims that may arise against them resulting from the lease.
19. Should the property be for sale, the tenant agrees to allow reasonable access to the property for the Sellers Agents showing prospective clients, by appointment, between the hours of 14h00 and 17h00, Monday to Saturday.